On May 22, 2019 Presidential Resolution PP-4329 of the Republic of Uzbekistan was adopted on speeding up the development of telecommunication infrastructure in the populated areas of Uzbekistan. This document is aimed to improve the service quality and increasing the telecommunication service types, including mobile communication network coverage.
Below you may learn about what opportunities this Resolution will offer to LLC “COSCOM” (TM “UCELL”) for network development, products and service quality improvement provided to the Company customers:
– As of July 1, 2019 it is not permitted to construct and accept for operation public, industrial, residential, administrative buildings and constructions without supplying the buildings with the engineering communication infrastructure, including cable conduit systems, low voltage cable shafts, areas and infrastructures for installation of telecommunication equipment.
– Transfer, dismantling and any interference of the third parties in operation of telecommunication facilities shall be ensured upon unavailability of other opportunities in solution of arising issues and only by coordination with the owners of indicated sites. However, expenses of telecommunication operators and providers relating telecommunication site transfer and dismantling, their start-up works shall be covered in full by the initiator of such changes.
– As of August 1, 2019 the order is being implemented while profit tax assessment and unified tax payment of telecommunication operators and providers. Taxation basis is decreased by the money means directed to create engineering and communication infrastructure sites for the budget organizations and state unitary enterprises in long distance populated areas and villages.
– For usage of property considered as the state owned assets for installation of telecommunication facilities minimal rates of rental payment are applied equal to the rate on “electrically conductive communication” usage goals without multiplying ratio.
– Exceptionally telecommunication operators up to January 1, 2022 may perform construction and installation works relating telecommunication facilities at the same time via developing their project estimation documents after agreement of areas for radio-electronic equipment installation.
Additionally a number of tasks on simplifying of procedures for telecommunication facility installation and issuing of permission documents to them are imposed on relevant state agencies and Hokimiyats.
In recent meeting held in the Ministry for development of informational technologies and communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the participation of CEO of LLC “COSCOM” Mr. V.V.Kravchenko it was noted that by implementing the tasks specified in the Presidential Resolution we can equally direct our efforts on development of all Regions in the country and ensure further increase of the service share in gross domestic product. We hope that we will work together in solution of current issues.