The LLC COSCOM company (Ucell trademark) has been providing its subscribers with reliable protection for many years. Key factor is competent approach and high professionalism of employees. One of these employees is the head of the network and information technology security department Andrey Shishkin. The other day, a mini-session with his participation was organized for students of the Tashkent University of Information Technologies.
Information technology is penetrating our lives at a tremendous speed. It is difficult to calculate how much benefit they bring: improve work, protect the house, perform routine tasks for us, and provide instant communication and this is not even half. However, each coin has a down side; innovative technologies can pose a great threat in the hands of cybercriminals. It was not in vain that the issue of ensuring and protecting information was included in the State program for the implementation of the of the Action Strategy on five priority areas of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021.
Every company that somehow stores information is faced with the issue of data security. Ucell has extensive experience in this field and ready to support and send future communication specialists. On October 29, the Company held a mini-session on the topic “Information and cybersecurity of mobile communication networks” for students of Tashkent University of Information Technologies.
, Head of Network and Information Technology Security Department:
- Today, there are many threats in the global information space. They can be divided into several categories:
• Attacks of malicious ransomware software using social engineering
• Fishing messages
• Not updated software
• Threats to social networks
• Advanced Persistent Trend - targeted cyber attacks
Each of them has its own characteristics. The traditional level-based security approach is designed inside out and is similar to defending system of medieval castles.
, director of ATETM LLC, professor of TUIT, candidate of technical sciences:
- The concept of information security has appeared since the creation of the Internet. Today, the most powerful weapon in the world is information. We are all familiar with the expression "Who owns information, owns the world." This is not accidental. Information security has now gone far beyond a single Internet. If earlier we talked about protecting the channels of information, external traffic and blocking sites with potentially dangerous content, now we are talking about protecting of everything that surrounds us. The university is working on the creation of an educational and practical production laboratory on cybersecurity.
During the session, students were also informed about data protection technology at Ucell and were able to address specialist with their questions.
In the future, the Company plans to organize mini-sessions in other universities of the country.
Please wait while your request is executed ...
The session has expired. Refresh the page and fill in again
Internal error. Try to leave message later. Thank you!
Type phone number in +xxx xx xxxxxxx format!
Type the subject of Your message
Type a message up to 512 characters!
Length of the message - 512 characters.
%n from 512 characters are left.
Select question category
Select complaint category